We get a lot of questions on the lines of “Kafka is awesome, can you point me to few resources to help me get started?”
I don’t know any book I can recommend, but there are lots of resources online.
- Kafka documentation is fantastic: http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html
- Especially the quick-start guide: http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#quickstart
- If you are looking for information on using Kafka with Cloudera’s distribution: http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/cloudera-kafka/latest/PDF/cloudera-kafka.pdf
- Jeff Holoman blogged about Kafka and Hadoop integration:http://ingest.tips/2014/11/16/
flafka-apache-flume-meets- apache-kafka-for-event- processing/
- Michael Noll has a amazing tutorial with everything you want to know: http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2014/08/18/apache-kafka-training-deck-and-tutorial/
- He also has a lot of other posts about Kafka: http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/categories/kafka/
- And so do we: http://ingest.tips/category/kafka/
- … and of course – the classic: http://engineering.linkedin.com/distributed-systems/log-what-every-software-engineer-should-know-about-real-time-datas-unifying
Know other good Kafka resources? Let us know in the comments.